(a) The board will issue each marijuana establishment license to a specific individual, to a partnership, including a limited partnership, to a limited liability company, to a corporation, or to a local government. A person other than a licensee may not have a direct or indirect financial interest in the business for which a marijuana establishment license is issued.
(b) Except as allowed in 3 AAC 306.035(h), the board will not issue, renew, or transfer a marijuana establishment license to
- an individual or a sole proprietorship unless the individual or proprietor is a resident of the state;
- a partnership unless each partner is a resident of the state;
- a limited liability company unless the limited liability company is qualified to do business in the state and each member of the limited liability company is a resident of the state; or
- a corporation unless the corporation is incorporated or qualified to do business in the state and each shareholder is a resident of the state.
(c) The board will issue each license for a specific location identified on the license as the licensed premises. A marijuana establishment must have a right to possession of its licensed premises at all times, and may not lease its licensed premises to another person for any reason. If a marijuana establishment wishes to reduce or expand the area of the licensed premises used for a marijuana establishment, the marijuana establishment must submit a new line drawing showing the proposed changes to the premises, and must obtain the board’s written approval. A marijuana establishment may not relocate its licensed premises to a different place without obtaining a license for the new premises as required under 3 AAC 306.050.
(d) The board will impose other conditions or restrictions on a license or endorsement issued under this chapter when it finds that it is in the interests of the public to do so.
(e) In this section,
- “direct or indirect financial interest” means (A) a legal or equitable interest in the operation of a business licensed under this chapter; (B) does not include a person’s right to receive (i) rental charges on a graduated or percentage lease‐rent agreement for real estate leased to a licensee; or (ii) consulting fee from a licensee for services that are allowed under this chapter;
- “resident of the state” means a person who is eligible at the time of application for the most recent permanent fund dividend under AS 43.23.